Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 30, 2009

Cooper James Lambert is here!!!!

My mom took me to the hospital while AJ and his mom stayed at Haley's party at school. Once AJ got Haley settled at home and down for a nap, he met us at the hospital. I got my IV in around 2:30 pm and my doctor broke my water not long after that. They started pitocin around 3:30 or 4. Around 6:30 I felt like I needed to start pushing, and pushed from around 6:40-7pm. Cooper was born at 7:00pm on Wednesday, October 28, 2009.

He was a big boy(especially for being over 3 weeks early). He weighed in at  7lbs and 6 oz and was 19.5 inches long! I am so glad he decided to come early. The doctor said he would have been over 9 lbs if I had carried full term!

My parents were both at the hospital along with Matthew and Courtney. Mom was in the delivery room with AJ and I, just like she was with Haley. She even cut the umbilical cord because AJ didnt want to (he says it's the drs job!).  After my family saw Cooper and held him, they went home to relieve AJ's parents of Haley duty so they could come meet their new grandson!

We stayed in the hospital about 24 hours and came home Thursday night. I was excited to get home so Haley could meet her little brother. Because of the swine flu outbreak, noone under the age of 18 was allowed in the hospital.

We are excited to get settled in and start this new journey as a family of 4!!


No comments: