Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Apple Orchard

We picked up my mom on Sunday after church and drove to Ellijay, GA (about 1 1/2 hours north of us) to go apple picking. We found a great orchard called R & A that let us pick our own apples. The first orchard we stopped at cost $5 per person to pick your own apples and then you had to buy the apples you picked on top of that. Talk about a rip-off. We picked mostly Rome Apples. Haley was eating them as we walked around. It was a beautiful day to spend outside. I cant wait to make dried apples and an apple pie with the apples we picked!!
















2 comments:

Kelley said...

I love it! This reminds me so much of picking strawberries with my parents when I was little. I think one went in my pail as 3 were going in my mouth. I have such wonderful memories. I know you guys will too!

Amy said...

Looks like fun! We love picking apples at the farm by our house. So yummy in a pie too! Can't wait to see you in the New Year, Haley is getting SO big!